Saturday, September 24, 2011

Final for Nebraska vs Wyoming

Nebraska came out from the locker room and stepped up their game. I would have to say that Wyoming is better than anticipated. They have a good team and a freshman quarterback who was pretty good. Too bad the Cowboys didn't play in Memorial Stadium as they would have been in awe of the stadium, the sea of red and the noise.

The game is over with Nebraska a win with 38 to Wyoming 14.

I was confused as Nebraska had 54 seconds on the clock and were on the 5 yard line. My thoughts were run the ball into the end zone. Add another 7 pts. To my amazement, QB Martinez took a knee. Whhaaattt? Obviously stuck in the Osborne era, I wanted to run up the score as Coach Tom was known to do.

Then the announcers said that Coach Pelini was sending a message to the coach at Wyoming. That message being that he respects what the Cowboys did today and that they played a good game. Again, I would agree. Wyoming was a good opponent and played an awesome game.

Go Big Red!! Love the Huskers and Coach Pelini knows when to show respect.

Nebraska is now at 4-0 and next week they will play Wisconsin at their stadium. My mistake if I had stated they would play in Lincoln. Game time is 7 PM/ABC.

No comments:

Post a Comment