Sunday, September 09, 2012

Nebraska loses to UCLA: Score 36 - 30

A loss for Nebraska
Oh what a game for the Nebraska Cornhuskers on Sat. Sept. 8th. This blogger didn't know what to expect from the opponent (UCLA) since I have never seen them play each other. Ever. My expectations were cautious but my hopes were high.

Martinez played so well last week against Southern Miss and I knew the defense needed to step it up. However, the game was a match, game, set in the first half and the game was tied at 27.

There was a transition taking place before the half and Nebraska was crumbling before my very eyes.  The mistakes during the game were overwhelming.

Mahrer, the kicker missed a couple kicks, not much to say about the defense and Martinez seemed to revert backwards and lose his momentum and concentration. It was somewhat of a trainwreck. I thought they would go into the locker room and come back geared to "Get rrr done."  Nothing doing.

As for Martinez he had several interceptions and I lost count. As I commented on my Facebook page, "Hey Nebraska,  stop with the turnovers. You're not a dessert!"

The huskers should be proud of themselves as they did hold the score down when it could have been a "runaway" game for UCLA.

The Cornhuskers lost due to loss of focus.

Maybe there was too much sightseeing in Los Angeles for the players and I heard there was an earthquake.  I'm not sure if that happened while the team was out there but they were rattled about something.

Oh well, on to next week. Shake it off Huskers and Go Big Red!!




No comments:

Post a Comment