Sunday, October 23, 2011

Stepping Out of the Big Ten to Talk About The Big Twelve

Big Ten to be discussed later.

I set the timer on my TV tonight to watch the football game between Texas Tech and Oklahoma. My first thought, holy crap--where's the game? I searched up and down all sports related channels until I finally heard that the game was in a rain delay and would be seen on ESPN3.

I wanted to watch Oklahoma vs Texas Tech just to see Oklahoma get beat by someone! I am happy that Nebraska won over Minnesota today as well. (Minnesota was a given as they are not playing well--to be discussed in another post.)

I was elated that Texas Tech won over Oklahoma by 41 to 38. Texas Tech was up by 14 or 21 pts at the half and they played like gangbusters. They stopped the Oklahoma offense and it was very impressive.

Then after the half Texas Tech scored again and Oklahoma scored and scored again. Oh, no--don't let Oklahoma win. (This is personal for me--I don't care for Bob Stoops) however, Oklahoma has great players whom I have seen in past games, hit helmet-to-helmet. Trademark Oklahoma play.

But kudos to Texas Tech, the players and coaches; you did it and beat Oklahoma. What a fabulous game. Go Red Raiders!!! Woot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment