Sunday, October 30, 2011

Missed last week's game but I'm back: Big Ten Football

Not sure what happened to me but I was not able to post about last week's game. I know Nebraska played Minnesota and won and then the previous week was a bye week so there should be no excuse.


It was a crazy weekend for Big Ten College Football. Nebraska beat Michigan State-- enough said and my next blog will recap the game. However, the craziness started when Nebraska beat Michigan State and Michigan State beat Wisconsin last week in a last minute hail-mary throw. And as Nebraska follower you know Nebraska has only lost to Wisconsin.

Surprisingly enough I watched Ohio State play Wisconsin last night and Ohio State beat them in the last couple minutes of the game. Wow! And Nebraska played Ohio State a few weeks ago and beat them!

Then while my head was buzzing with all the action I lost track of Iowa and to my amazement, Iowa was beat by Minnesota! And Nebraska beat Minnesota last week.

I have been watching Iowa as Nebraska will be playing them the Friday after Thanksgiving in Lincoln. Iowa is now our rivals and I will explain that in another blog.

Unfortunately, I have been keeping my eye on anyone who plays Oklahoma as I have personal reasons that I really don't like Bob Stoops. The Sooners played Kansas State Saturday and I was really hoping the Wildcats would win. Unfortunately, it didn't happen and in true Bob Stoops fashion--Oklahoma ran up the score. I believe they had 59 points at the end. Ridiculous.

Just so I don't get backlash, In the good days of Nebraska football when Tom Osborne was coach,
he was known to run up the score. There were games that Nebraska scored in the 60s. I miss those days but I've watched our current Coach Pelini respectfully not do that as he easily could have. Better to be humble as it may come back to bite you in the ass.

Back later to talk about Nebraska's win over Michigan State. Go Big Red!

No comments:

Post a Comment